I hope you are enjoying the souping season. I love fall and all the coziness it brings.
During this season of the year I enjoy having soup for dinner feels so warm and comfortable.
Today I am posting one of the easiest soup recipes. Lots of veggies, no thickener, and no messy straining!!
To Pressure Cook-
Opo Squash/ Bottle Gourd, Peeled and cubed- 2 cups
Tomatoes, medium- 2 no.
Carrot, Peeled and cut- 1/2 cup
Red Onion, Cubes- 1/2 cup
Beetroot, medium- 1
Garlic- 2 cloves
Ginger- 1 inch
Thai Chilli- 1
Cinnamon Stick Crushed- 1 inch
Water- 4 cups and as required
Olive oil- 1 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder- 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder- Less than 1/4 tsp
Freshly Ground Pepper- As required
- Pressure cook ingredients mentioned under “to pressure cook” with 4 cups water on a medium flame until 4 clear whistles.
- Ones pressure releases naturally, open the cooker.
- Now transfer the veggies in a blender and save the water in cooker itself.
- Puree veggies and pour it in saved water. Cook this again on medium flame. Add “to cook” ingredients to this and mix well.
- Bring to boil and Simmer for 2-3 mins on low flame.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Here is the video of the recipe Mix Veg Soup
- You can add ghee instead of olive oil.
- As I wanted to make it simple, I didnt add tempering process.
- You can have this soup with baked tofu/paneer or some nuts and seeds to add protein source.