This easy, no-cook peanut sauce has authentic Thai flavors. It’s nutty, creamy, spicy and perfect for everything.
Today I am sharing a recipe of a sauce that can be eaten in many ways. You can use it as salad dressing, dipping sauce, stir-fry sauce or even as spread on sandwiches and toasts.
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil/ any vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar/ rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp maple syrup/honey/brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 pinches of chilli flakes
- 2 Tbsp water/as needed
- Grate ginger and keep aside. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except water. Mix well with a fork. I have used crunchy peanut butter. You can use smooth peanut butter. If you want you can whisk the mix with immersion blender. I didnt blend it as I like crunchy peanuts 😉
- Adjust consistency by adding water. This will depend on desired use.
- Serve immediately. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Add it cabbage and carrot salads. It tastes really good.
- Stir fry veggies in this sauce with a can of coconut milk. Then add rice noodles. Tastes like heaven.