Healthiest of all chips, rubbed with Indian flavor.
I have tried kale chips of different flavors and I thought why not experiment with some Indian flavors. So I read ingredients on the famous bhujia packet and made my own bhujiya mix.
Before we jump on to the recipe here is an explanation of what is “bhujia”? It is a savory Indian snack or we as we call it Namkeen, made out of lentil flours and spice blend. It is a deep fried snack and the most popular is Bikaneri Bhujia.
- 2 Strands Of Kale (I Took Lacinato Kale)
- 1 Tsp Oil
For Bhujiya Paste (coating paste)
- 3 Tbsp. Besan (Chana Flour)
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 2 Cloves Powdered
- 1 tsp Ajwain (Caraway Seeds) Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Salt as per taste
- Water to make paste
- Chiffonade kale and rub oil.
- Preheat oven at 150 C/ 300 F.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients of bhujiya paste. Add enough water and make thick paste. Add oil and mix well.
- Transfer the kale in this paste. Coat every piece of kale with the paste.
- Take a baking tray and cover with parchment paper. Spread the kale and bake for 15-20 mins. Flip in between. Bake until it gets crispy.
- Let it cool and store in airtight jar. Use within 2-3 days.
- Add this to salad as topping or simply snack on them.
- You can use any variety of kale.
Please tag #foodsense if you are trying any recipes.