Tis the roasting season and I’m loving it. Roasting veggies is so much fun.
During winter the body needs warmth along with nourishment. Vegetables that grows slowly with edible part growing beneath the ground are considered warming and good during winter season. Nuts, seeds, beans and other veggies are beneficial too.
Root vegetables like potatoes, yams, beets, carrots,sweet potatoes etc. when baked with drizzle of oil and pinch of salt brings out the best from those starches.
Today I am sharing recipe of Oven Roasted Yams. Just 4 simple ingredients, 3 easy steps and its ready!
Yam – 1 medium
Salt- less than 1/4th tsp
Mix Italian Herbs- 2 Pinches
Olive Oil- 1 Tsp
- Peel & dice a medium yam. Transfer yam in a mixing bowl.
- Now add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Preheat oven at 355F/180C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread the yams on the tray. Make sure they are not overlapping.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
Here is a step-by-step video of the Oven Roasted Yams
- If you dont have oven roast them on a flat griddle and flip in between.
- You can add variety of seasoning to complement the flavors of rest of the meal.
- You can eat them as is or toss in salad, wraps or tacos (tacos are always a good idea 😉)
2 thoughts on “Oven Roasted Yams”