Crunchy Broccoli Coated with Rich Sesame Sauce.
If you have tried roasted vegetables, you will love this recipe. This is an ultimate side dish. I love experimenting sauce combinations with baked vegetables.
The other form of baking requires measured quantity of each ingredients but this one goes just with instincts and love for food. I love broccoli. I can eat it raw, steamed, baked, stir-fried or any form. This tiny tree looking vegetable has my heart 💚🥦
Nutritionally, broccoli is packed with healthy micro-nutrients and antioxidants. This vegetable is cousin of cabbage, cauliflower, kale and Brussels sprout which have unique indole-3-carbinol compound that may help in preventing cancer.
This no mess, super easy recipe is must try whenever you have broccoli on hand.
- 1 head broccoli
For Sesame Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds ( you can use Tahini)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Preheat oven at 400F.
- Blend all the ingredients mentioned under sesame sauce to make a smooth paste.
- Wash and cut broccoli florets. I have used stem as well.
- Place a parchment paper on a baking tray. Toss broccoli on the tray and sauce on it. Coat all the florets with sauce.
- Bake for 20 mins or till florets starts to turn brown.
- Serve warm!
Step by step video : Sesame Broccoli
Also try other baked vegetable recipes-