The Indian hot sauce 😉, melange of yummy herbs.
Cilantro/ fresh coriander chutney is a common accompaniment found in Indian households. It lifts up mood of many dishes.
You can use it as spread, side, dipping sauce or even as salad dressing. This chutney that I have made has many health benefits. It is good source of vitamin K and many minerals. The herbs used in this chutney are good for digestion.
If you are hypertensive or if you have salt restriction, please use this sparingly.
- 1 bunch Cilantro/ Coriander
- 1/2 cup Mint leaves
- 1 inch Ginger, peeled
- 2 Green Chilies (as per taste)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup water (use as required)
- Wash cilantro & mint under running water and drain. Once dried chop them roughly.
- Wash ginger and green chilies and chop roughly.
- In a blender, at the base add chilies, ginger, cumin, and sesame seeds. Add 1/4th cup water and blend until smooth paste forms. Add remaining ingredients and 1/2 cup water. Blend untill smooth.
- Transfer in a bowl and adjust salt and acidity. Stir well.
- Cover and store in refrigerator.
- Consistency can be thick or runny, depends on how you want to use.
Please tag us #foodsense if you are sharing any recipes on social media 🙂