Rise & shine with this vibrant bowl of goodness!
If you are looking for hearty, full of fiber and fueling breakfast you got to try this fresh bowl. I am sure you wont need a mid-morning snack after eating this.
I have never had hard time waking up early and making fresh-healthy breakfast. Many times I have added ingredients to leftovers and made something yummy for breakfast. Cant even name those dishes 🤷♂️ .
Eating fresh breakfast has its own charm on body. It gets you through the day. You dont have to always come up with fancy stuff, a few handy ingredients too gets job done.
This bowl has best of the summer ingredients.
My Social Media feeds are full of berry picking pictures. That is how we announce summer 😉. Its time to use those berries more than for jam and smoothies. And nothing can go wrong when you start a day with mightiest berries – blueberries have highest antioxidant content.
Another interesting ingredient is Basil Seed. They have a long history of consumption in India and China. They are good source of fiber and have similar properties as Chia Seeds. In India during summer you will find a lot of dishes/drinks that uses Basil Seeds.
Today I am sharing an easy oatmeal bowl that has so many “B” ingredients.
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (Avoid Quick Cooking Oats)
- 1/2 Banana, Sliced
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 tsp Basil Seeds ( You can use Chia Seeds)
- 1 tsp Healthy Nutella
- 1 tsp Peanut Butter ( I used natural PB with salt)
- 1 cup water to cook oats.
- In a saucepan, pour water and bring to boil. Add oats and cook until translucent. I did not add salt as my PB had it. you can add a pinch salt.
- Transfer oatmeal in a bowl. Start layering blueberries at the periphery. Then sliced banana.
- Pour Healthy Nutella at the center top with Peanut Butter and sprinkle Basil Seeds.
- This makes 1 bowl.
*You cannt see Healthy Nutella in picture as its covered by PB😑
Please tag us on social media #foodsense 🙂